Our goal is simple:
Improve the community and people’s lives through chess.
It might sound strange but we believe that giving everyone a chance to learn and play chess is important and beneficial:
- Chess is a good way to find friends,
- it teaches some real life lessons and skills,
- it is great at bridging people of different walks of life and backgrounds,
- and it is an excellent way to stay mentally active and engaged with other people.
Our focus is on three main areas:
- facilitating chess programs for children and students in after-school programs,
- organizing events for senior citizens and elderly care facilities,
- and giving adults opportunities to play chess in nice places in their neighborhood.
As the name suggests, Jet City Chess Club is located in Seattle, and our activities are focused primarily on neighborhoods around Beacon Hill.
Jet City Chess Club is a tax-exempt nonprofit public charity, incorporated in the state of Washington, and registered under United States Internal Revenue Codes 509(a)(2) and 501(c)(3).
We started in January 2017. Over the next weeks, we’ll be filling this website with information about our staff, locations and creating a list of upcoming events.
Some other chess-related organizations and initiatives that we like and recommend are